Established under Central Universities Act-2009, Central University Bihar is a University of repute. The Central University of Bihar (CUB) is one among the sixteen newly established Central Universities by the Government of India. The University is presently located at the premises of Birla Institute of Technology, Patna (BIT Campus, P.O.- B. V. College, Patna – 800 014). The University is most likely to be located at Panchanpur, approximately 10 km from Gaya.
In pursuance of its objectives and considering the emerging needs of the society, the University evolved through different Programs ever since its inception in 2009. The University has offered a conducive environment, adequate infrastructure support and innovative pedagogies to nurture the students who have joined the University considering unique characteristics of its courses.
With the recent announcement from the CUB, there are several vacancies notified for faculty members at the levels of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor in various Departments/ Centers. The applications are invited in the prescribed proforma as available on the website of CUB.
The details of the vacancies are as follows: Employment Notice No: CUB/Advt/19/2013
Important dates to reckon for:
- Last date for submission of Completed Application: 30-June-2013
Vacancies: For details log in to the CUB portal at http://www.cub.ac.in or the detailed advertisement at http://www.cub.ac.in/assets/recruitment/Faculty_Advt-19.pdf
- Professor: 02 posts (UR) in Education and Law
- Associate Professor: 04 posts (UR-2, SC-1, UR-PWD-1) in Education and Law
- Assistant Professor: 26 posts (UR) in Chemistry, Computer Science (M.Sc.), Economics, Education, Geography, History, Law, Mathematics, Physics, Psychology, and Urdu
- The selected candidates will be posted in Gaya to presently teach the BA/BSc-B.Ed. Integrated Dual Degree Program and Five Year Integrated BA/BSc-LLB (Hons.) Program
- For General and OBC: Rs. 1000 (for Indian nationals)
- For Candidates residing abroad: US Dollar 25
- For SC/ST/ PWD: Fees exempted
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Application Fee must be submitted through Bank Challan only (to be downloaded from the University website).
- Professor in Law: An eminent scholar with Ph.D. qualification(s) in the concerned / allied / relevant discipline and published work of high quality with a minimum of 10 publications as books and / or research / policy papers. The applicant should have A minimum of ten years of teaching/ research experience in University / College/ Institution.
- Professor in Education: An eminent scholar with A Master’s Degree in Arts/ Humanities/ Sciences/ Commerce and M. Ed. each with a minimum of 55% marks. M.A. (Education) with 55% marks and PhD in Education. Must have ten years of teaching experience in University department of education or College of Education, with a minimum of five years at the M.Ed. level
- Associate Professor in Law: An eminent scholar with good academic record and with a Ph.D. Degree. Must have secured 55% marks in Master’s Degree level. Must have minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and / or research except the period of PhD level.
- Associate Professor in Education: A Master’s Degree in Arts / Humanities / Sciences / Commerce and M. Ed. each with a minimum of 55% marks OR, M.A. (Education) and B.Ed. each with a minimum of 55% marks. Must have a PhD in Education with at least eight years of teaching/ research experience.
- Assistant Professor: The applicant should have Good academic record with at least 55% marks at the Master’s Degree level. The candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or SLET / SET. The PhD degree holders will not be required to complete NET/ SLET/ SET. For the subjects, for which NET/ SET/ SLET are not conducted do not necessitate this qualification mandatorily.
- NOTE: A 5% relaxation in marks may be granted to SC, ST, PWD candidates in the specified zone.
- Selection will be made on the basis of candidates’ previous record and their performance in the interview. The University may utilize seminar/ colloquium/ Lecture and/or any other mode as a supplementary method in selection process.
Period of Probation:
Probation period shall be of two years and during such period any kind of leave to join other institution is not permissible and, therefore, no application of probationer/contract faculty for employment in other institution shall be forwarded.
How to Apply:
- The applications will be accepted through the prescribed format only as available on the website of CUB at http://www.cub.ac.in/assets/recruitment/Faculty_Advt-19.pdf.
- Candidate should possess a valid E-mail ID before registering/submitting application
- The applicants fulfilling eligibility for the posts can apply through their preferred format
- The completed application form along with fee payment DD and other copies of documents must be enclosed in an envelope and super-scribed as “APPLICATION(s) FOR THE POST OF ______ Specialization _____________Category (SC/ST/OBC etc)______” in bold and capital letters.
- Offline Application completed in all respect must reach the under mentioned address on or before the last date of application.
Central University of Bihar, BIT Campus-Patna,
P.O. -B.V. College, Patna – 800014 (Bihar), India
- Keep a photo copy of registration slip, Challan and other essential information like email ID and password for record and reference
- Any form of canvassing will be strongly condemned and strict disciplinary actions will be initiated against such candidates.